What a year it’s been.
Thank you all for sharing this first year of Gümsaba with us. You all are the foundation of our big dream; we literally could not have started without you. Enjoy these photos of a year well spent. We look forward to giving next year a great run!
Its been too long since the last DIY, lets get to work. If you came to class today you will be glad that this is already over.
You need a jump rope, mat and interval timer or stopwatch.
Set your interval timer (itunes sell a great one for $1) for 34 sets of 35 seconds of high interval (work) and 10 seconds of low interval (rest).
Drill One has 3 parts:
- Scissor Jump Rope 35 seconds work * rest 10 sec and move on to Lunge kick RT*
- Lunge and kick on RT 35 sec work * rest 10 sec and move on to LT*
- Lunge and Kick on LT 35 sec work * rest 10 sec and move on to scissor jump rope*
Repeat 3 times without stopping the timer. Upon finish, stop timer, rest 30 seconds and jog 200M before Drill 2.
Drill Two has 4 parts
- Step up on chair with free weight, RT ONLY 35 seconds work * rest 10 sec and move on to LT*
- Step up on chair with free weight, LT ONLY 35 seconds work * rest 10 sec and move on to Alternating Push Press
- Alternating push press 35 sec work * rest 10 sec and move on to Navy seal up*
- Navy Seal Up 35 sec work * rest 10 sec and move on to Step Up RT*
Repeat 3 times without stopping the timer. Upon finish stop timer, rest 30 seconds and jog 200M before Drill 3.
Drill Three has 3 parts
- Jump Rope Jacks 35 seconds work * rest 10 sec and move on push up*
- Push Up *35 seconds work * rest 10 sec and move on to Reverse crunch
- Reverse Crunch 35 sec work * rest 10 sec and move on to Jump rope jack*
Repeat 3 times without stopping the timer. Upon finish stop timer for good, rest 30 seconds and jog 400M before cooling down and stretch.
Congratulations to all of you for completing the Gümsaba Holiday Challenge. It was so much fun, you all did some AMAZING stuff!
There were 6 people who turned in a full food log. Because the food/exercise log was worth 400 possible points, this put them in the lead just for turning it in.
Congratulations to Courney Mathews of the Rudgear class on a great win and some serious effort during the past 6 weeks. She stepped outside of her box the farthest and did everything she could possibly do to better herself during the challenge. Courtney, you should feel very proud of your accomplishments – all of you should.
There were some close races, Debbie Forsberg of the Danville Class trailed by only about 30 points, with Deb Blumhardt, Deb Grauman, Lisa Wood and Kristin Ritterbush hot on their tails.
This was fun for me because it made me realize (even more so) that I work with people who not only practice health and fitness for themselves, they live to be more compassionate, loving and giving every day.
You are all a part of the victory within the challenge, you inspire each other every day to be better, its an amazing experience to be a part of.
The challenge brought out the best in all of us. Thank you for making it such a special holiday season for our community. We donated $610 to Stand in gift cards so that local families who are struggling can celebrate the holidays. Thank you all for making me realize every day that i have the best job on earth; its all because of you!!!
Blue Star Moms is a great local organization that helps our troops here from home. gather your families and join in the Holiday events! This weekend there is (December 4) is the Holiday Hugs Pack out to troops starting at 10:00 a.m. until done, at Elks Lodge, 1475 Creekside Drive, Walnut Creek. More events are posted on their website.
Thanks to Deb G of the Danville Class for suggesting this as a part of our Holiday Challenge! help the troops and get 50 bonus points!